Wednesday 23 July 2014

Close to my Heart

Hey everyone!
Today I'm featuring a card I popped together today.  My friend LOVES purple to the point she just called her baby Violet, so this was the card I made to go with my baby gift.  I'm so happy with how she turned out and how my colouring is improving.
The image is Close To My Heart by Saturated Canary.  The papers are some old Chatterbox ones I had stashed away 'cause they're some of my favs.  The top lace/gem is Prima Say it in Crystals.



Copics used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair (mother) - E42, E44, E47, E49
Hair (child) - E39, E37, E34
Wrap - BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29
Dress: YR23, YR24, YR27, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99

I'd love some more blog followers, so if you like my card I'd appreciate a follow!!

I've entered her into the Saturated Canary FB challenge "Anything Goes" as well as the following:
Crafty Sentiments - hand coloured image
Deep Ocean - lots of layers
Fantastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
Oddball Stamps - show off your colouring
1, 2, 3 Get Scrappy - Purple, Orange, Green
Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
Lunagirl Moonbeams - Use your favourite colour
Use Your Stuff - Layers
Aloha Friday - Favourite colour combo (violet and olive)

10 comments:

  1. It's very nice!

    Greetings from Majo from 1-2-3 get Scrappy, the Challenge Blog for Layouts and Minibooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for July - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your violet card for Violet! Thanks for joining in my "Favorite Color" challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com. I hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Melissa! You're coloring is fantastic and this layout is lovely. The color combo is perfect for anyone that loves purple. Wonderful job!
    Mahalo for joining our Aloha Friday Challenge (#28) at Kitty Bee Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous image! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the image!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Kitty Bee Designs blog!! :)

    Elina- DT member, Kitty Bee Designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card sweetie and thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card.Super work with your colouring.Just perfect for your friend and so thoughtfully put together.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color combo and amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs for our Aloha Friday Challenge "Favorite Color Combo".
    Blessings,
    Zella (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this image. So special and you've coloured it so beautifully. Gorgeous card. Good luck in the DT call. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete